We have an exciting opportunity to join our driver operations team, immediate start.
If you have experience of managing large teams of drivers or similar scale team operations management give us a call.
Contact Steve Davidson: email@example.com to share your CV.
As the automotive industry continues to rapidly revolutionise, our customers’ experiences depend on the people who represent their vehicles.
With our industry-leading driver teams, we deliver and collect thousands of vehicles for some of the largest fleets across the UK, alongside new and used vehicle movements for leasing companies, dealerships and online retail platforms.
Our rapid expansion continues and we are looking for an Area Manager to direct and support our driver team operating from our Chipping Warden site. Please get in touch if you:
- Are you an engaging and motivational leader of people
- Have a good level of automotive understanding/knowledge
- Possess engaging customer service skills, along with great personal presentation
- Have enviable operational or logistical experience
As part of joining our Industry leading logistics business, we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Contracted hours and holiday pay
- Pension & Life insurance
- A vibrant and busy environment
- Exposure to some of the most exciting automotive brands and technologies
1. Main Purpose of Role
The role of the Area Manager is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the team of drivers reporting to them. To recruit and manage the team effectively, ensuring adherence to the behaviours and values of the business. To support and encourage the team to deliver excellence and to create an environment of continuous improvement. The role is accountable for delivery of the planned productivity target and associated key performance indicators.
2. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Roster driver team effectively to provide sufficient resource to meet the
- Work with the central teams to drive cross functional
- Maintain standards of driver presentation and customer engagement through regular review and
- Set and review targets and KPIs of direct reports and manage their performance and
- Manage and support direct reports training and development
- Actively recruit and maintain pipeline to ensure availability and replacement of
- Through regular communication ensure the team is compliant with company Health Safety rules.
- Act as an ambassador of XPAuto behaviours and core
- Day to day management of the driver team, including managing absence and completing return to work interviews, performance management and team
- Process teams worked hours, holiday and absence via the PeopleManager online
- Participate in disciplinary and grievance investigations and meetings where
- Liaise with other Area Managers/Supervisors to provide rotating weekend cover for drivers and
- Actively seek opportunities to improve standards and work with other Area Managers/Supervisors to establish set processes to work from.
- Manage car hire and train ticket needs for returning drivers whilst ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Exploit all opportunities to maximise profit and reduce
- Ensure quality of service is delivered to standard and on
- Research and advise on any additional profitable revenue streams available to Operations that will augment the core business.
- Produce weekly update on area performance to discuss at Operations
- Review schedule and advise scheduling of any potential issues and
- Ensure the Operations Director is fully informed of any relevant issues at all
- Undertake any other reasonable management request
- Ensure effective communication with other